Blog Visitor Tracker

Thursday, August 2, 2007

BUZZ.COM HAS PICKED US UP!

I daily look at my site meter statistics, if you aren't aware of this little device, it's actually pretty cool. If you look at the counter on the right of my page, this tells you how many people have visited this page. It also allows me to go in and learn a lot more. I can find out who did, part of their IP address, what was the page they linked to, where the origin of the visitor started from, and a whole lot of other information as well. The countries, the states, the cities of the origin of the visitor etc. That's how I discovered buzz.com had picked us up. I can then click on the page of origin and it takes me there. I was surprised to see one of my articles had been scanned by them and put into their database and animated.
Here is a little about Buzz.com. This is a quote from their ABOUT section.

Developed in collaboration between AT&T and an elite team of researchers at Northwestern University’s InfoLab, Buzz.com is a new destination for blog search, distilling posts into engaging, relevant and easy to consume “blogcasts.” Buzz.com users search for entertainment not just information.

Buzz.com combines advanced artificial intelligence, which distills and filter irrelevant posts and splogs, with an innovative presentation platform to deliver just the posts you want.

Daily updates make Buzz.com a regular destination for anyone looking to keep tabs on the most buzz-worthy topics. Providing reports that are categorized into areas of interest – from current events and sports to confessions and dreams.

Buzz.com incorporates advanced 3-D imaging and speech synthesis capabilities to bring the blogs to life via animated “blogcasters,” without a need for special download applications.


It is unique and high tech. My article was assigned an animated buzz caster named Ashley. Check it out and give the article a rating if you will.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment