Blog Visitor Tracker

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Published My First e-Book - "The Bondage"

I wanted to share with my readers my newest effort and accomplishment. I worked hard at this, as it is my dream to write for a living someday and to do photography along with it.

I have written a Christian fictional story entitled "The Bondage". It took several days just to get it corrected, rewritten, proofread, and then the correct conversion so it would be an eBook, that could be downloaded and read by eBook readers and the devices out there. I specifically made this one compatible for "The Nook", a Barnes and Noble eBook software, since I am making my first attempt at getting it sold retail online through them. I have also tested it on Adobe's Digital Edition, and it seems to read there as well, without any issues. The software to download is freely available from both companies. You can Google them.

The Bondage is a story that is timeless of love, romance, tragedy, healing and restoration.
The two main characters are a young man named James, and his wife Belle.
My story entails the search of two individuals in their search for meaning and purpose for their lives. The direction they turn to at first will lead to tragedy. .

It is the story of the tragedy that takes place often within many marriages when two people go opposite directions making their lives, the center of self.
The tragedy they encounter in their life, will both awaken them to their error and then to whom they must seek for the answer.
Joshua is the brother to James, and as young Christian counselor, he shows them the way to restoration and provides the means of their healing.
This story offers hope and light for all those who have struggled in this life for answers, and often found their lives end up in a shipwreck. It will give you answers to life's most difficult question, Who am I?
My story will give you hope and healing from the very Word of God.
It is a Christian fiction book, but the scenario could be any of our stories, and how we may have or haven't yet, come to know the one true hope that is offered us.
My prayer is that the community of Christians out there will support my writing of this book, as I plan to write more.
Christian authors, artist, painters, poets, actors and more must receive moral and financial support from their community of brothers and sisters in Christ less we too give up these areas as well, to the world, and put out our light to the world, and our being the salt of this earth.
There are few of us as there is, who want to present the Good News to the world through our art work, and they become fewer as too many Christians turn to reading worldly material, watching worldly television shows, and movies.
My hope is that Christians will realize that we too can be creative, and we can be a moving force for the presentation of the Gospel in more than one way, locked behind our church doors.

We must reach out to a world that is lost in sin, and present the Good News, in ways, not necessarily that attracts the world, but in a way, that we can take the beauty of His creation, and allow His Spirit to move us to utilize our gifts to say, hello world, there is another alternative to all that the world offers, that comes to nothing.
There is the one and only one hope for all of mankind's struggle and despair, and His name is Jesus, the most wonderful name in the world.
Please, I invite you to provide me your prayers, your support and yes to even purchase the book.
Right now, for the small price of $5.00, less then what you will spend to go out to eat today, or play golf, or whatever your outside activity involves, you can purchase my book from my book website today. It will be sent to you in the eBook format, and then you will only need to download "Nook" from Barnes and Noble, to read it. If this book does get accepted on B&N, then the price will go up, and will have to be removed for sale from my Book website. My Book website is located at
http://thebondage.webs.com
I am putting it back on sale there today until I hear from B&N.
Please inform your friends, your fellow church members and family. It is written on a level that it can be read from the ages of teens in 7th grade up to adults.
I ask that once you have completed reading it, that you will, go back to my Book website and write a testimonial about your reading of the book. The more I receive there the better. Your comments placed on my site will help me gain a review by a Christian Book Reviewer, which will assist in the sales of the book.
The book isn't very long, it has a total of 14 Chapters, a Preface and a Conclusion.
I want to thank you from my heart for any patronage you provide me.

I am just another struggling Christian writer trying to make an impact on the world for Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Doctor J

No comments:

Post a Comment