Blog Visitor Tracker

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Since I Last Posted

Well, what can I say. I'm getting old. So, I decided it was time, to get my Disability, too many days, out sick from jobs, never feeling good, and alas, I made the decision to move to New Mexico. The wife and I needed time apart anyway, to many quarrels. My parents needed help, they are in their upper 70's now, and Dad has cataracts he can't drive, Mom has a pacemaker, so I decided to move out here with them, and help care for them, while trying to get help myself.
The weather is great here, the skies are beautiful, and it is all more conducive to better health and living. I hate Texas. It's hot, humid, too many bugs, and there surely is not much scenery. I will say the green rolling hills and pastures in East Texas are pretty at times, but nothing compares to the beauty of the desert and mountains in the Southwest.
I just got through cooking my parents and I breakfast, at 2:30pm in the afternoon. Old people have weird habits, and if you live with them, you take on theirs. We stay up until perhaps 2-4 am every day, sleep until 12:00 or 2:00pm, then get up.
Well to make a long story short, I'm here for the long haul until I get word on the SS Decision. I pray and hope it goes through, as I would really like to move to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, the only place that I consider in the Central USA to be close in environment, people, the arts, etc, like Aspen, Colorado.
Aspen was probably my most favorite place to live along with Glenwood Springs, Colorado. I would stay in the Southwest but the distance is too great for me to see my wife and kids back in Texas. The trip from Arkansas would only be about 6-8 hours compared to an 16 - 18 hour trip home to see them from Albuquerque. I have made up my mind, going back to Texas is the last place I want to have to live. I hate Texas!
Yes, I lived there from 1991, until presently, and I can still say, I hate Texas, it took my first wife from me, we would have been married 27 years. It took my life from me, the job prospects there sucked, so I ended up no longer working private investigations or security management, after near 20 years of it. Of course, it was on and off once I did move to Texas. Texas is one of the States, that everything you do, depends on who you know. You can't find work without networking, no matter your experience, education or whatever. You have to play the game called suck up, butt kiss or whatever you want to call it, to survive there. I just never have been one for that game. Though, I have friends there, I know it may not sound like it, but I do. My best friend still lives there in Texas, and we talk by phone now and then. My other best friend moved to Arkansas, and wouldn't be too far away if I relocated there. He is off to College, getting his degree as a lawyer.
Life here is slow, I eat, sleep, write, and eat and sleep again. The rest has been good for me, no stress, and my creative juices, have been stirred again. The Southwest always inspired me, whether I was doing painting or photography. Since writing is one of my favorite things to do, I have managed to write a Christian fictional short story, that I now sell online. I am presently working on a novel, which is more tedious and painful. I have carpal tunnel syndrome and at night wake up with my entire arm from my wrist to my neck in pain. I have to write, so I take Mobic the doctor gave me to relieve the inflammation some, but it's one of the those drugs, that tears your digestive system up. I have Crohn's disease and diverticulitis, so the pills don't contribute to my well being, but at least the bathroom is only a few steps away. Writing is my therapy. I also suffer with PTSD and I have found if I write it somehow alleviates the problem some. I feel less stressed, less panicky, less depression, etc. So it helps, and I am going to do anything I can to help myself with that problem, because it is hard to live with at times. New medication has helped tremendously as well, though it can make you drowsy and tired, and one other side effect, it messes your stomach up as well.
Well enough of details on my health problems. Since I last posted, which has been sometime, I am here in the Southwest, and looking forward to completing my novel, and praying that this one, will sell, sell, sell. New York Bestsellers here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment