Blog Visitor Tracker

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Thoughts on the Kingdom of God Present

This week has been a hectic week, of work, and at work. Though in fellowship with my best friend throughout the week, we have shared many eschatological ideas, thoughts and beliefs. I saw several movies this week, each one, has it's own message of course whether good or evil. I guess the most important message one can hear, is you are loved, and the God of Heaven, your Creator, loved you so much, he had a special plan and place to make you one of His children, through the first begotten, Jesus Christ, the Second Adam. Who brings us not only victory over sin and death, but victory over this world.
It seems there is not a day that goes by, we don't find love. Instead we read of, and see and hear of evil. Yet, Christ stated His kingdom is not of this world. This is the hardest thing for the average Christian to understand, and thus he gets blinded by evil everywhere he looks, so He can't imagine how Christ could be presently the conqueror, the victor! He doesnt understand the principle of the heart, and relies on his own personal senses, to derive his truths from rather than the Word of God, written and living. He forgets that we are but dust, and our time here is very short. That the kingdom of God must be in one's heart. We aren't to look for it here, or over there, Jesus said the Kingdom of God is within you!
Is the Kingdom in the hearts of His people?
Jesus said, If I shall return, will I find faith?
What is faith? Is it just some intellectual assent to a belief that something exist, or something historically is fact, just what constitutes, "saving faith"?
Saving faith, is not a belief in something, it is a complete trust and reliance on SOMEONE! That someone is Christ...
If you have read anything much of what I have written on this blog and my others, you know, I believe with all my heart that when Jesus said, "IT IS FINISHED" at the cross, and when He spoke to John, in the book of Revelation, saying, "IT IS DONE", I believe that. Too many Christians are looking to the newspapers trying to interpret the book of Revelation from by current events. Audience relevance is the most important key to understanding the Bible.. We must always keep in mind that these letters, these books were not written to us, but for us. They were written to others who lived long ago.. These people understood, John, when He said, even now it is the last hour. They understood Paul, saying the time is near, Peter saying the same.
They understood Jesus when he told the Jews, this Generation would recieve the judgement for the refusal of hearing Him and accepting Him, while He the very Son of God stood in their midst physically, they refused to believe in Him. So the futurist in eschatology, hold out, like the Pharisees, the don't see what they want to see, and refuse to see Christ presence among us, in us, living through us. They anxiously await that someday, He will return again physically and all will be right. He has come, and did return, and yet people refuse yet to this day, to see, His Kingdom wasn't something He was going to establish on earth, His kingdom would not be a physical kingdom where people could point and say - look over there. His kingdom which reigns for evermore is in the hearts of His people who truly have faith and believe, we are not waiting for a better day, other than our physical demise, where our bodies shall return to dust and we shall recieve our spiritual body, incorruptible, and immortal to thus be with the Lord forever more. I am not waiting for Jesus to drop out of the sky, or The Temple to be rebuilt, or for the Jews to have peace in the real estate they desire politically to call Israel. I am not waiting to conquer sin and death, or this world. I have SAVING FAITH, that says, He said "It is finished and it is done, and He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. For me, everything He set out to do in the hearts of men, has been done, and all I am waiting for, is not some Rapture, but for me I await:

1 Corinthians 15:44 (NAS)
it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body
.

I know that He lives in me, is my life and I shall take on wings when I leave this earth and sail the heavens with Him for eternity and not because of anything I ever did, or thought to do, or wanted to do, or even said. He will lift me up into the mountains of His righteousness, because He is the King of Glory, and I already live in His Kingdom, and I shall live with Him in eternity. Why, because that is where my absolute, trust lies, in Him, and not myself.

Perhaps now, you might understand more why I believe that only Preterist/Spiritualist Eschatology makes sense... why because... what are we waiting for other than to die our physical deaths and go on to be with the Lord, where there is no evil, no good, but only He that is good, righteous and most importantly HOLY!

Holy, Holy, Holy...


Dr. J
bidding you good night, may the peace of the Lord give you pleasant dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment