Blog Visitor Tracker

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Why So Long Since The Last Post

Well since I started writing my post, I have been pretty free in the mornings to write, however I had to start doing sales in the mornings as well as the evening.
The old man that I am, I have been pretty wiped out tired as the temperatures here have been crazy with sweltering humidity and lots of rain. I have been exhausted since. I also had a major computer crash about 4 days ago. I am barely up functioning on Windows XP without a lot of security updates because I had to reload and reformat and more just to get going again. It has been one problem after another.
My saying is when you start going for God, the devil is going to come along in the shadows and do everything he can to trip you on the path. Well that has been the story, a battle with forces beyond my control. My dependency has to be totally on Christ to just survive these days.
I also have Diabetes 2, and my oral medications have for whatever reasonm other than eating the wrong foods, have quit having much of an effect, and I can't afford to purchase the good stuff at $350.00 per month, so the Doctor had me on pills that only cost me about $16.00 per month. The difference for health care in this country is on how much money you have, like most other things.
I have to see my doctor soon as the State Board requires her to take me off the Medicine I using and either get me on something else- I can't take Glucophage because of stomach problems, so I was taking Glypicide (generic for Glucotrol), so I am left with two options, she will either put me on Actos ($300.00 per month), or send me to Endrocrinolgist for the purpose of putting me on Insulin. The latter most likely and I can't afford either so I may just end up having to live in a hyper sugar state running 300 to 400 everyday. Well, that will end my ability to work or do much of anything until it all kills me. So, I am prepared to just die, I guess. What choices does a poor man have in this country? It's not about healing the sick, it's all about money like everything else. There is no justice for the poor and there sure isnt much in the line of medical care.
So, the dark chasm of life is right there all the time, staring at each of us in the face, but for the rich, there is a bridge that has been built to the other side, while the poor keep falling into the hole and disappearing.
So, if you ask where have I been, why I havent written much? Well, health and the cost of living, and being married and trying to take care of the wants of a woman, versus the desires of the Lord. Thus Paul warned..STAY SINGLE! I think it is a great idea if you really have the Lord in your heart and a mission He has given you to accomplish.
So, I will try to write more often, even if it kills me. Sorry for the laspe of time since I last posted. So on we go. I did accomplish more reading over this time and will soon be writing more about Constantine and the traditions added by men to which the church has subscribed to since.
Until, then keep me in prayer.

Dr. J

No comments:

Post a Comment