Blog Visitor Tracker

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

An Article That I Just Can't Title

For whatever reason, I just can't come up with a title on this article, perhaps for the best since I can't seem to think of one anyway. How do you give something a title that so effects you in the deepest recesses of your heart.
I was telephoned earlier today by my wife who asked me if I had called Mickey Stevens back. Mickey's a friend of mine who had called a few times here lately when I wasn't home. I haven't talked to Mickey perhaps for 6 months now, we just kind of both got lost in our own concerns in this world, and had not been in contact with one another like we use to be. She asked me if I had seen the Tyler Morning Telegraph yet, I said, no, I asked why, then she asked me, there is an article in the paper on the front page with a Mickey Stevens mentioned in it. I said, what about, then she informed me. I was shaken and taken back. The article was entitled, "By His Mother's Hands". It is the worst kind of news we can hear about or read about, the shocking news that a baby has had it's life taken by it's mother. Yes, my friend, Mickey's wife, Kathy had strangled their 2 year old child to death in the night while my friend Mickey had slept. He awoke to find her missing from bed and when he got up to go find her back was turned to him in little William's room. Mickey took little Williams body into his hands and tried unsuccessfully to use CPR to resuscitate his only child, just 2 years old. Kathy admitted to investigators she had strangled to death little Will.
When I talked to Mickey, I could tell he just didnt know what to say, but to ask me for prayer for him, but what struck me the most were the words that he said, and "pray for Kathy,please, she is not a bad person".
How right he is. It will be easy for criminal justice and the religious to speak horribly about Kathy but they don't know her, I did and most of all her husband did. He apologized to me that he wasn't there for when my wife died in a tragic car accident back in 2001. He was reaching out to say I need you as a friend and "we" need your prayers. There was nothing selfish or condemning about his tone or speech when it came to his wife, though shocked, hurting, in wondering in dismay, he could ask that I pray for her, as he said, "I haven't just lost my child I have lost my wife as well, as she will be locked up probably for the rest of her life.
How sad, but true. For you see, Mickey waged a war with her mental illness since the day I have known him. He has lovingly taken her back after each and every committal to an institution where the so called experts were to have healed her of her plague of oppression that she has suffered so horribly for years. A system of shrinks and pharmacuetical witch doctoring that has had Kathy on every known psychiatric medicine known by men, to try to cure her desperation, her paranoia, her hallucinations, her voices, her visions, her imaginations. To which this tragedy is a testimony to the witch doctoring that continues in America alongside the pharmacuetical companies who readily sale their goods to the public, that often much later, usually much, much later, we find that the drugs were worse than the sickness, and often result in what has happened here. No different than the recent drugs shoved into a super star wrestler that we have read about and heard splattered all over the news, who murdered his whole family. The witch doctors of today are no different than the witch doctors of yesterday, still proclaiming that their magic works when in fact it does not.
Most people haven't even read up on the facts that most of the boys involved in the Columbine murders were on psychiatric witch doctor brews as well. Most of the horrible tragedies that seem crazy to us, can be traced often to a drug the person was prescribed to. The facts are the facts. I don't know if that is for sure is the case in this case but I promise it contributed.
The sad thing is the pharmaceutical companies will never face justice at the hands of man, Kathy will. Man's justice is never justice, no matter what you think. Only God is a just God. I know Kathy, I at least understood her problem and Mickey did as well, that's why he loved her, and continued to love her and remain married to her through all their trials because of her illness. That's why Mickey, could ask me to pray for her most of all, "she isn't a bad person". Now, it's too late for all the psychiatrist and clinicians whoever talked to Kathy to say I'm sorry, Kathy, I am sorry, Mickey, but most of all, I am sorry little Will.
Don't judge her, don't condemn her, pray for her and Mickey and the family and friends that do not go untouched by this tragedy. There is more to the story than what you read in the newspaper, they love to sensualize and blow stories up like this. The truth be told, my heart is broken for Kathy who desperately so cried out a thousand times for help in her mental condition. Mickey did his best, he did his best to protect her, himself and little Will, but in a fallen world, full of fallen creatures, we are reminded that - all of creation groans inwardly, awaiting the revelation of the sons of God. Come, Lord Jesus come!
I ask that my readers do just what Mickey ask me to do. Don't judge, only God is the judge, but pray for Kathy, Mickey and all the family as they sort through the evil in this world it is nothing we can do alone. But for the grace of God, we must remember, goes ourselves. We are all subject to this evil and without God's grace, compassion, mercy and love, we would all deserve His justice of death. So go easy my friend, when you read stories like Mickey and Kathy's and the death of little William, we all have a day coming, "for it is appointed once for men to die, and then after this the judgement". So I ask, please pray for Kathy, that she will find deliverance from these demons that have for so long persued her, driving her to insanity, driving her to do, what we think we could never do. We live in the same world she does, and are subject to the same insanity, if we don't give thanks to whom our sanity comes by- the grace of God.
Mickey, Kathy, my heart is broken and I will miss little Will but he is in the hands of Jesus now, and so aren't you, Kathy. God loves you, and He is still there and has not left, He will heal you, I know, for He still is the Great Physician, who doesnt offer any medications, no magic, - He offers the only cure for the sickness in all of us - sin -and he offers it freely through Jesus Christ. I love you and I pray for you.

Dr. J.

Some link referrals for my readers.
http://www.cchr.org/index.cfm/19863
http://www.cchr.org/files/14552/Violence%20White%20Paper.pdf
http://psychdata.blogspot.com/2007/05/think-psychiatrists-dont-know-drugs.html

No comments:

Post a Comment